Update March 2020 – I am currently running online Pilates classes for the foreseeable future.
Pilates classes in Norton, Worcester
Small Class Pilates (Max of 8 people)- Individual Attention
Jackie holds a Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates and Exercise Referral
Pilates offers a total body conditioning programme which enhances quality of life by improving strength, flexibility, co-ordination, body awareness and postural alignment.
It is a low impact form of exercise and a system of strengthening and stretching exercises designed by Joseph Pilates. It focuses on core stabilisation, breathing and exercising with controlled and flowing movements. The key to the Pilates method is pelvic and shoulder stabilisation, muscle activation and abdominal control, concentrating on the deeper layers of abdominal muscles.
02/04/20 – At present I am running online live classes via Zoom webinar software for my current clients. I am also downloading sessions onto my YouTube account here: Nutri Health Pilates YouTube Account
Please contact me if you would like more information
- Tuesday 6pm –
- Tuesday 7.05pm
- Thursday 6pm
- Thursday 7.05pm
- Thursday 8.05pm
Beginners are able to slot into a class (subject to availability) after completing a one-to-one session introducing the principles and assessing suitability – priced at £35 (1 hour). This is normally held on Tuesdays at 8pm after my classes have finished. It’s a great way to give an introduction to the pilates method and prepares you for the classes.
Smart reasons to attend small Pilates classes
Jackie’s Pilates group classes are limited to a maximum of 8 people per class and are booked by block only. She sticks to this limit because she wants to be able to address your distinct needs. This personalised approach allows you to feel safe and secure when you come to the class, confident in the knowledge that she has the time and focus to provide you with a workout that suits you, not just a generalised class with routine exercises.
Here are the benefits of small Pilates classes:
- More Personal attention from the Jackie – In a smaller class Jackie can see when you are out of alignment or need more support on a particular move.
- Quality of class – Jackie continually updates her knowledge and improves the classes and the class structure.
- Relationship building between teacher and class – means the atmosphere is great (sometimes a bit of chatting but you still get a good quality class).
- Greater focus for you – in a small class you can’t hide or get away with doing nothing!
- More fun – great rapport in class creating camaraderie and often class members become friends.
- Accountability – in a smaller class everyone remembers who was there, so you become accountable to attend each week and more likely to develop a regular routine.
- Less injury – larger classes can cause an injury as the teacher cannot see if you are doing the exercise precisely.
- Less confusion – If confused you are more likely to ask a question and check the exercise in a smaller class.
Pricing works out at £8.00 per session which is payable before the block of sessions commence, for example a 6 week block will cost £48 payable before commencement of the block. If you are not a beginner and would like to come and try a class (if there is availability) you are welcome to pay for one session before you commit. This will have to be arranged with Jackie beforehand.
When carrying out everyday activities, pilates helps you become more aware of your posture and alignment. This is very important – it’s not just about the hour of pilates exercise. It helps you become more aware of your posture thus giving you the ability to self-correct. Before trying pilates exercises, you learn how to move from your core, and only then will you be able to realise the full potential of pilates.
Current participants are female and male, aged from 30s – 65 years old with varied health and abilities.
Payment is taken before the course commences by cheque, cash or online bank payment.
Jackie is an inspiratio
Jackie’s Pilates approach is wonderful! She runs small friendly classes in a relaxed but skilled and progressive way, with time and focus on identifying the need for one-to-one attention.
Having previously become disillusioned with the usual larger impersonal Pilates classes (where I came to believe I was always doing everything wrong), Jackie has greatly improved my confidence through her patient encouragement.
I now feel I am making real progress! Jan T, Norton, Worcester
Excellent Pilates class, Jackie’s great! Not only have I noticed a big difference in my aching back (hardly ever aches now) and posture, but it’s good fun too.
Sarah, Kempsey, Worcester