In 2014 Dr James Levine, co-director of the Mayo Clinic and the Arizona State University Obesity Initiative, and author of the book Get Up! Why Your Chair Is Killing You and What You Can Do About It, summed up his findings after many years of studying the adverse effects of our increasingly sedentary lifestyles. His Continue reading
November 2020 – update – Pilates classes being held back online only via Zoom.
For more information go to page Pilates Classes
Pilates Classes, Norton, Worcester
Nutri Health Pilates was established in 2014 by Jackie Tarling. She specialises in small group pilates classes. Limited to 8 clients per class, you will find encouragement from others and detailed instruction from Jackie focussing on you and your goals.
Jackie holds a Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (2014). She also holds a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (2017) and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (2014), and is fully insured with Balens Ltd as a Pilates Instructor and Personal Trainer.
If you are new to Pilates Jackie recommends that you start with her 60-minute initial evaluation and workout. During this session Jackie will introduce the principles and assess your suitability, listening to your goals and help you to prepare for the group sessions.
Nutri Health Pilates has a loyal client base, many of whom have been attending since Jackie started her classes in 2014. She welcomes clients of all ages & with a wide range of fitness levels. Clients are often referred to her by their Chiropractor, McTimoney Chiropractor, Osteopath or Physiotherapist as part of their rehabilitation. Jackie will also refer out to local Physiotherapists and Chiropractors.
Smart reasons to attend small Pilates classes
Jackie’s Pilates group classes are limited to a maximum of 8 people per class. She sticks to this limit because she wants to be able to address your distinct needs. This personalised approach allows you to feel safe and secure when you come to the class, confident in the knowledge that she has the time and focus to provide you with a workout that suits you, not just a generalised class with routine exercises.
Here are the benefits of small Pilates classes:
- More Personal attention from the Jackie – In a smaller class Jackie can see when you are out of alignment or need more support on a particular move.
- Quality of class – Jackie continually updates her knowledge and improves the classes and the class structure.
- Relationship building between teacher and class – means the atmosphere is great (sometimes a bit of chatting but you still get a good quality class).
- Greater focus for you – in a small class you can’t hide or get away with doing nothing!
- More fun – great rapport in class creating camaraderie and often class members become friends.
- Accountability – in a smaller class everyone remembers who was there, so you become accountable to attend each week and more likely to develop a regular routine.
- Less injury – larger classes can cause an injury as the teacher cannot see if you are doing the exercise precisely.
- Less confusion – If confused you are more likely to ask a question and check the exercise in a smaller class.